February 19, 2010

Be My Valentine?

Valentine's day is a very interesting day. A day that I love.

There are others however, that seem to hate this day of love. I get the anti-commercialization debate, is there really a need to spend $80 on a teddy bear? I don't think so. But a day devoted to showing love? Now that I like. :)

I've spent past Valentine's Days doing various things, but most years I like to spend it with friends, the ones I truely love.

This year was extra special. The Friday before Valentine's, I led my students through a Anti vs Pro Valentines Day essay, their papers were just so great! And I got to watch the oh-so-special event of middle school kids giving each other roses and candy, its quite fun to watch! I even recieved some gifts myself! However, I do remember that in middle school it was a very scary day!

On Valentine's Day I spent my evening with some of my closest friends at a very nice resturant, it was absolutely wonderful to get to spend such quality time. I think this is how every Valentine's Day should be. I looked around the room while we were eating and saw adorable couples everywhere, but many looked bored, unable to come up with conversations. We however enjoyed ourselves very much. I hope that every Valentine's Day in my future is like this, spent with just the best people that I love very much.


Oh, and our server looked JUST like Shia LaBeouf. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment