Good things come to those who wait
Hopefully this will be proven true to me soon.
Unfortunately the Peace Corps process is VERY long and is torturing me. Not knowing if I am going to be nominated and placed in a country in the fall is honestly killing me. I'm used to having my life planned out, never not knowing what's about to happen. But lately, my plans end in August and I have no idea what will happen after then.
So, in order to keep myself somewhat occupied and to create a back up plan, in case I don't get into the Peace Corps, I've been applying to a bunch of jobs. Mostly volunteer positions, mostly in education, in various places throughout America. The good news is that all of these applications take much less time than the Peace Corps, and I already have a phone interview, for a position in Denver!
I'm very excited. And hopeful.
The other thing I've heard lately is that waiting for something shows us how much we really want it. Well I've been waiting and waiting & I am learing more everyday how much I Want to get into the Peace Corps. I also feel this is the right choice, right now.
My recruiter is going to be here in Vegas next week, hopefully she brings good news with her.

No comments:
Post a Comment