Someone asked me the other day what I would do if I didn't need the money.
My answer came automatically & surprised me.
I said, without even thinking about it, "Teach".
Ummm.....what?! Isn't teaching what I said I'd never do? My degree is in Psychology, not even Education! But after sub-teaching for three years, I love it. And now I have my own class. Teaching Reading. And I love it.
I've never been happier.
So how lucky am I to be 21 years old and have found the thing that makes me happy. The job that I WANT to go to, not have to go to. And I can see my future in education developing easily. I'm very blessed.
That's not to say my life isn't still in utter chaos!
I've hit a stand still in the Peace Corps process. But I'm not giving up, & I see the way through all of the hardships.
It's almost May (by the way, how did that happen so fast?!), which means in a month and a half I'll be back at Eisner! I'm so excited. And after that, if I get things figured out this month, I'll be heading out to Europe to teach for the Peace Corps.
Yes, I really am lucky. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment